How Video Content Marketing Will Be a Post-2014 Game Changer
I’m sure you’ve seen it: that little white triangle inside the red box, which is usually hovering over some video’s image clip. Sure, it might not look like much, but it is one extremely powerful symbol…
And its influence is projected to explode, as we run headlong into 2015.
The most savvy internet marketers are already harnessing this highly useful tool, and for good reason. This means, of course, that you might just want to have a look at this good reason; because, it could mean that your own content marketing campaign could get left in the dust if you don’t keep up.
I’m talking about video, and it’s GOING to become the most powerful item in the marketer’s arsenal. The trend just isn’t lying on this one.
Trends: Videos to Rule the Roost
It’s obvious that 2015 will dawn the era of mobile marketing, but this is going to come with its own implications. For instance, marketers are going to rush towards exploring as many avenues in content creation for mobile devices as possible, especially since one-third of all web traffic will originate from these handy pieces of tech. And perhaps THE MOST used function of mobile and smart devices just so happens to be…
You guessed it… video.
When this developing trend collides with the fact that B2B and B2C marketers view video as one of their top 3 mediums, and how 74% of all web traffic will be concentrated on web videos in 2017 (according to a Syndacast.com infographic) -well, you get the idea..
SEO 2015 Will Be Streaming
Google is becoming very, very good at its original job of being a creepy good search engine. Already at this point, it can easily tell between spam and real, authoritative content. The effects of this, I believe, is why web marketing gurus like DJ Waldo have been saying things like,
“2015 will be the year of HUMAN for digital marketers. Gone are the days of corporate-speak messaging and dull, boring campaigns. Instead, we’ll begin to see more marketers incorporate human-speak into their messaging – videos, pictures, humor, and human!” [Emphasis added]
So, is it any wonder why the Search Engine Journal would post a Forrester study, saying that video content is already 53 times more likely to get a first-page ranking on Google? Simply put, the search engines and social media just cannot get enough of video content.
In light of this fact …have you evaluated your video content creation abilities?
3 Basic Tips For Staying Ahead of the Video Trend
There’s just no way around the facts -if you want to even keep up with your competition, then you’re eventually going to have to use video content to do so. However, there’s also a flipside to that coin. If you were able to stay ahead of the video trend, then you’d actually gain a highly advantageous edge…
So, here are three basic pointers to get you started off on the right foot:
- Have a content strategy. While this might be extremely crucial for other content marketing mediums -it is even more important for video. Your content strategy should…
- Target audience demographics
- Have a consistent overall brand message
- Have a plan for keeping your audience engaged
- SEO. It is true that your search results will automatically improve through video content -but with rising trends come competition, which means that the fight for a first page ranking will quickly become more and more difficult. That’s why you need to…
- Mind your keywords
- Keep building up your backlinks.
- Avoid any form of spam. Period.
- Create quality (not quantity). Audiences have access to billions of videos at the touch of a button, so you should ask yourself, “Why should they watch my channel, as opposed to others?” Essentially, you want to make sure that your videos are…
- Well-planned, actionable, and entertaining.
Your video content could be your ace-in-the-hole, or it could be what runs you out of town. Especially when it comes to keeping up with inbound marketing trends, here’s a little piece of advice: don’t fear rising tides …instead, ride the wave.
Leave A Comment